If there’s one event Savannah-area boaters set their courses for each year, it’s the Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show. The show, now in its 11th year, attracts thousands of current and would-be boat owners and outdoor enthusiasts with its extensive displays of the latest in watercraft lines, marine equipment, accessories and services. Live music, fishing clinics and simulations, pirate performances, kids’ activities and great food make this a family-friendly event.The show also offers a strategic marketing opportunity for your business to achieve high visibility with an upscale, affluent audience by becoming a show sponsor.
These are the consumers who will fill the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center for the 11th Annual Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show March 1-3, 2013.
Here’s a quick snapshot of the boat show audience:
• 48% have annual household incomes of $91,000 or more
• 71% have household incomes over $60,000
• 60% are married
• 21% are aged 33-43; 31% are 44-54
• 70% are current boat owners
Source: JBM & Associates’ On-Site Surveys
Because the Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show takes place in March, just prior to the start of boating season, attendees use it as an opportunity to plan their warm-weather activities and upgrade their boats and gear.
Most come to the show with their families or friends and spend the entire day looking at the new models, shopping for boats and accessories, watching demonstrations, participating in workshops, talking with vendors, and enjoying the camaraderie with fellow boaters.
The Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show – it’s where the boating season begins.
Why become a sponsor for the Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show?
By sponsoring the show, your company has the opportunity to:
- Heighten your visibility among Savannah and Hilton Head-area boating enthusiasts and their families
- Build brand awareness via an intense multi-media campaign utilizing direct mail, outdoor advertising, television, radio, print, internet marketing and social media
- Meet face-to-face with thousands of potential customers
- Showcase your marine-related products and services
- Strengthen your market position and gain an edge on your competition
- Generate multiple business leads in a short period of time
- Network with hundreds of show exhibitors
What kinds of sponsorships are available?
Sponsorship levels for the Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show include:
• Presenting Sponsor (Limited to one)
• Corporate Sponsor (Limited to 3)
• Associate Sponsor (Limited to 4)
• Supplier Sponsor (Unlimited)
What special benefits do I receive as a sponsor?
Benefits vary with the level of sponsorships, with top sponsors receiving prime exhibit space, banners, logos on advertising, ads in the program, use of the show data base, free tickets, parking passes and many more perks.
All sponsors receive extensive promotional coverage including:
- Logos in ads, show programs, posters, show website, e-mail blasts and other collateral
- Mentions in press releases to local and national media
- Mention as sponsor in frequent PA announcements during show
- Logo on show website with link to sponsor’s website
- Opportunity to hang banner in the exhibit hall
- Opportunity to distribute promotional items to attendees
Sponsors may also opt to host special activities and dedicated areas throughout the weekend, including the Coastal Fishing Show, our fishing seminars and the exhibitor dinner.
Intense Marketing Planned To Attract Boating Fans
JBM & Associates has more than 20 years of event management experience, with an emphasis on consumer show production. We have a proven track record of planning and implementing highly effective marketing and promotional strategies. JBM has hired the same agency, Adstrategies, Inc., that handles the marketing for the Miami International Boat Show and 38 other boat shows across the country as an extension of our marketing team to help grow The Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show.
Our marketing plan for the Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show is an extensive, multi-media marketing campaign which includes:
- Show program which will be inserted in the Savannah Morning News and distributed to all attendees
- Newspaper and other print advertising
- Direct mail
- Outdoor advertising
- Other print collateral such as postcards and posters
- Public relations
- Social networking
We also form partnerships with local media to create promotions which call attention to our shows and raise money and awareness for area charities.
Our goals are to attract an exceptional boating audience to the Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show and to provide a strong return on investment for our sponsors.
For information on available sponsorships, investments and benefits for the 2013 Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show, contact Sales Manager Chelsea McKie at Chelsea@JBMShows.com or call 864-250-9713.